News and Announcements
Proteomics International Laboratories Clinical Validation Study Confirms PromarkerD Performance
- Published June 13, 2017 12:00AM UTC
- Publisher Wholesale Investor
- Categories Company Updates
Proteomics International Laboratories Ltd (ASX: PIQ) (PILL) announced results from its validation clinical study showing that the PromarkerD blood test can predict the onset of diabetic kidney disease better than any current measure.
- PromarkerD test predicted 86% of previously disease-free patients who went on to develop chronic kidney disease within four years.
- Study is the largest prospective clinical study on diabetic kidney disease in the community and evaluated 792 patients over a four year period.
- Results presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 77th Annual Scientific Sessions in the Late-breaking Abstracts section of the conference, 9-13th June 2017, San Diego.
- If unchecked, the International Diabetes Federation predicts the ‘at risk’ population will be 642 million by 2040, and the number of diabetics with chronic kidney disease will rise by 76 million to 214 million.
- In March 2017, Frost & Sullivan identified PromarkerD as the world’s leading test for diabetic kidney disease.
- PromarkerD has the potential to save health systems around the world billions of dollars in costs associated with treating diabetic kidney disease.
- Commercialisation of the test proceeding which has the potential to deliver substantial revenues to PIQ in the form of licensing fees and royalties.
PromarkerD is a breakthrough blood test that uses a protein ‘fingerprint’ to measure kidney disease in patients with diabetes. This ground-breaking test can both diagnose and predict disease.